BLOG




Saturday, August 9, 2014

And now it is August

Back to school season is in full force.

And I am ready.. oh so ready.. to get back to writing as a serious thing.

I know I keep saying that. Thank you to everyone who is still emailing me and such.

Random poem inspired in part by the realization that it is my ex husband's birthday today.


---Full Moon---


The waves crashed
Low and terrible
Unquestioned power in the dark
Just out of reach, we walked
Through the sand, slowly, not touching
Be careful where we placed our words and steps
I could hear your breathing
And I knew you listened to my breath,
Considered it before you broke the silence
The words were muttered, drowned out
Meanings were clear like stars, harsh and cold and far away
Sand gave way to rocks
Slick and black in the moonlight
I tried to see past the tree line as it threatened the driftwood
The sea spit foam at us in envy
Further down there was a fire but we kept our distance
Hidden together
By the cliffs that hid what only ruined the view
Pausing now, the car a memory behind us
I wrote my name with my heel, felt it sinking in the dirty sand
While you looked for the flash of green
That was many hours old and gone
Hot and horrible was the ocean
Ceaselessly throwing herself at us
I felt her scream rising up inside my chest
And the surf was my own breathing, rhythmic and frantic

Refusing to wait I turned back and told you I was cold


No comments:

Post a Comment