BLOG




Sunday, May 19, 2019

Fresno Library Poetry Reception

Today I was privileged to announce some of the winners of the Annual Fresno Library Poetry Contest.




Hooray for being a judge!... Double hooray for these awesome kids who submitted poetry! I judged the Middle School category and, let me tell you, it was an eye-opening experience. These kids are full of angst, y'all! But also full of power. I had a hard time not just awarding all the Gonna Change The World poems because they spoke to my inner "burn it all down and rebuild" chaos demon.

Anyway, as well as presenting to the kids in my category, I also got to read a few of my own original works. That was also very cool. It makes me want to finish that poetry chapbook I have been working on for... years...

Maybe by next year's event!

No comments:

Post a Comment